This is the post for December 28, 2017.
Notes for Today
- Let’s Go, Hokies! I plan to be distracted by the football game this evening. If you email or post in the Facebook Group during the game, I will probably respond after the game. Please don’t worry if you don’t receive an immediate response.
- Like button on course website comments. I’ve added a plugin that places a Like button on each comment you make on this site. I think it’s a little small, and I would like to remove some of the extra space it has added to the comments. When I have time, I’ll try editing the plugin; so don’t worry if you notice the appearance changing. It will still work the same way.
- Likes mean I read your post. If I like your comment here or your post in the Facebook Group, I have read what you wrote. I reply occasionally, but I try to let the class drive the conversation.
Readings for Today
- #Infographic: Put CRAP in Your Document Design
- #Fact: F-Shaped Reading Pattern
- #Watch: Information-Rich Signposts
- Review the resources that can help you improve your Professional Bio:
- The advice articles
- The examples
- The Word Choice in the Job Search infographic on the right. These same tips apply to your bio.
Tasks for Today
- Complete the tasks and readings included in the Professional Bio Submission Module in Canvas:
- Learn how to improve the appearance of your documents, by reading the #Infographic, #Fact, and #Watch posts for today. Strengthen the first impression of your Professional Bio by applying these ideas before you turn in your project.
- Submit your Professional Bio in Canvas by 11:59PM. If you are taking advantage of the grace period, submit your bio by 11:59PM on Friday, 12/29.
- Record the work you have done for the day in your Labor Log.
- (Optional) If you are working toward a grade higher than a B, you can add resources or advice that relate to abcdef in the Facebook Group and/or comment on the extra posts (#Infographic, #Fact, and #Watch).
- If you want to get ahead, you can read the assignment for the Analysis of Writing in Your Field assignment, which we will begin tomorrow.
Note: The infographic in today’s post needs a text-based transcript. See the Optional Accessibility Transcript Activity for more details. Infographic claimed by TC on 12/28.