This is the post for January 3, 2018.
Notes for Today
Today, we begin work on the last three major projects you will complete for the course. All of the remaining major projects in the course are connected. Here’s how:
The important detail here is that you have to decide on your plan for both the proposal and the genre analysis report today.
Readings for Today
- Short Report Proposal (assignment)
- Genre Analysis Report (assignment)
- Examples, Cases & Models: Proposals from Online Technical Writing
- Proposal Writing Basics from Business Communication for Success
- Proposals from Online Technical Writing
- Extra Posts for Today
Tasks for Today
- Submit your Analysis of Writing in Your Field project in Canvas by 11:59PM, if you are taking advantage of the grace period.
- Complete the tasks and readings included in the Short Proposal Overview & Peer Review Module in Canvas:
- Review the assignments for the Short Report Proposal (due 01/04) and Genre Analysis Report (due 01/10).
- Read the chapters on writing proposals:
- Check out the Examples, Cases & Models: Proposal for some models you can use as you work. There are also examples on the assignment pages.
- Complete peer review in the Group Feedback on Short Proposals Discussion in Canvas:
- Share your draft with your writing group.
- Give feedback to the members of your writing group, following the suggestions in the #Watch: Peer Review Commenting Strategies post.
- Use the feedback from your group members to revise your proposal (which is due Thursday, 01/04).
- Read the Extra Posts for additional information that can help with your project. Leave a comment if you like.
- Record the work you have done for the day in your Labor Log.
Note: This image already has a text description, so a transcript is not needed.