I have graded all the short proposals. In this post, I’ll comment on how you all did and what you can do if you are not happy with your grade on the project.
Overall Feedback for the Class
Everyone did a great job on the proposals. The topics you chose for your Genre Analysis Reports will work well in most cases—and I’m very excited to see what you learn as you work on the projects. Everything sounds so interesting.
Feedback on Your Short Proposals
- Well-structured and detailed. Everyone did a great job with details and explanations. It was easy for me to see what you were going to explore in your Genre Analysis Reports as well as for me to understand why you all made the choices that you did.
- Strong use of design. All of the reports used great layout strategies with strong, information-rich headings. It was easy to find all the required information.
- Pay attention to any comments. There were a few minor points that I noted in some of the proposals. Since the remaining major projects are all related, you may make the same minor errors in your Progress Reports or Genre Analysis Reports. Apply those notes to your final two drafts.
- Avoid comma splices. A few of you had problems with comma splices. We all make this error from time to time. I make them most often when I’m texting and not paying attention to what I’m doing. It’s not the worst error you can make, but it is one you should avoid in professional writing. Watch this tutorial video from Texas A&M (2m14s) to find out how to avoid them:
Revision Activities for the Analysis Project
I have reopened the assignment so that those of you who want to revise can improve your project. Follow the guidelines below to resubmit your work.
- If I made a mistake
Send me an email message or a private message in Canvas with the details. I’ll fix it.
- If there were problems with the content or design of your bio
Revise your project to improve your work, adding whatever is missing or tweaking the design. Resubmit your project, and I will regrade your work. All revisions MUST be submitted by 11:59PM on the last day of class (Friday, 1/12).
- If you did not submit your work at all
It is too late. Be sure to turn in all the remaining projects if you want to pass the course.
- If something else is going on
Send me an email message or a private message in Canvas with the details. I’ll see what I can do to help you.
Note: This video has closed captioning, so it does not need a transcript.